Nothing to wear?
Guess which statement is true: I carefully put this outfit together BEFORE my carribean vacation, thoughtfully planned out accessories, including the hair picks. I bought this kimono-like dress in the glamorous boutique at the resort. I forgot to pack my favorite vacay outfit.
Guess which statement is true:
- I carefully put this outfit together BEFORE my carribean vacation, thoughtfully planned out accessories, including the hair picks.
- I bought this kimono-like dress in the glamorous boutique at the resort.
- I forgot to pack my favorite vacay outfit.
If you guessed #3 then you’re correct!!
So what’s a stylist to do but to make do in St. Lucia! I belted my asian inspired bathrobe (yes, I said bathrobe) and then added the straw clutch and turquoise hair pins and voila! Time for a mai tai!
This somewhat out of character stumble reminded me of how much fun styling can be and how creativity plays such an important role in creating a look…..in fact, when I returned home I was inspired to revisit the utilitarian pieces in my closet to create new and fun looks….
- lingerie top with a blazer and jeans? Why not?
- Maxi dresses work as a skirt with a tee? Definitely!
- One piece swimsuit doubles as a bodysuit with high waisted trousers? Of course!
What kind of creative looks have you come up with? Comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll discuss them on my radio show and podcast, The Fashion Department with Tina on WGCH.com anywhere!
What I wore;
Silk robe- Natori
Flip flops- Adidas
Bag- Local vacation boutique
Join the conversation
Beautiful Outfit! I had a similar ExpeRieNce when i was in NY last week getting ready to see a SHow; forgot a belt for my wide dress so tied the belt of the hOtel’s bathrobe around it. It actually Didn’t look that bad:)
Sometimes you gotta get creative!!